YouTube - Please Click I'm Broke

The Black and White...

My photo
Storrs, Connecticut, United States
I'm 23 years old and am a senior at the University of Connecticut. To say that I define myself right now as a college student is a bit of an understatement, it doesn't come close to the limits of my experience. I would say most people will never have to go through the things I have but I firmly believe that I'm a better person for it. I'm using this blog as an outlet for my thoughts and not necessarily as a "blog" in the traditional sense so you've been warned.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

A History Lesson

Well I guess I might as well just jump right in. There are a lot of ways to describe me but if I were to be completely honest with myself I would say that I'm a liar but brutally honest. I'm self-serving but often selfless. I'm prideful but self-depreciating. I'm self-destructive but I make sure no one else knows it. I'm very intelligent but because I know that I am I'm lazy. I constantly make things harder on myself but I truly and honestly "know" that things will always work themselves out. I rarely get stressed out because I ignore everything that piles up. I spend money that I don't have and live way beyond my means. I'm very often wrong but never admit to it. I'm a natural leader but will follow to avoid conflict. I have a myriad of friends but I'm my own best friend.

It's been a long time since I've sat down and really thought about myself and my life and I can't easily sum everything up. I'm a saint and a svengali, a white knight and a demon, I'm my own worst enemy and my biggest supporter. I've made good choices and a lot of very bad ones, I'm a contradiction that is somehow still alive.

The stories to follow should make that clear...

No comments:

Post a Comment